Monday, September 9, 2013

VeganMofo Day 9: Peanut butter Oreo ice cream


Welcome to Day 9 of Vegan Mofo, a month of vegan food blog posts. Since I am not a food blogger, most of my posts for Vegan Mofo will not be recipes, rather experiences I have with vegan food and sharing people, places and things that have brought me and continue to bring me amazing vegan food.

One of the things I really missed when I first became vegan was ice cream. Bowls of ice cream and milkshakes. My have times changed.

Even the smallest of grocery stores carries a vegan ice cream these days. There are a ton of choices with ice cream made from soy milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk and almond milk. I'm sure I'm missing some.

In Denver, we have the added bonus of having Sweet Action Ice Cream. If you're ever visiting Denver we have more information, like address, etc., on our tab of delish vegan food.




The owners of Sweet Action, Chia and Sam, are a godsend to me. Not only are they two of the sweetest people you will ever meet, they create some of the most delicious vegan ice cream that I have ever eaten. And I've eaten a lot!

One of our favorite flavors is Peanut butter Oreo. Yes, that's right. Oh my. And the Jalapeno-lime is a close second.

Sweet Action always has two vegan ice cream flavors and usually at least two vegan sorbet flavors. You can always see what they are offering today by clicking here: http://www.sweetactionicecream.com/flavors/

Cheers for vegan ice cream!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment