Tuesday, September 17, 2013

VeganMofo Day 17 is a product review: Newtons Fruit Thins


This is Day 17 of Vegan Mofo, a month of vegan food blog posts, and this post is a product review. Since I am not a food blogger, most of my posts for Vegan Mofo will not be recipes, rather experiences I have with vegan food and sharing people, places and things that have brought me and continue to bring me amazing vegan food.

It happened by mistake. We were shopping at our local Safeway grocery store and came upon these cookies. The blueberry flavor attracted me so I looked at the ingredients and they were completely vegan!

I love having cookies as a snack during the day, right when I come home from work and later at night when watching a movie.

I realize that being vegan isn't enough for those really watching their calories and health and will post the nutrition facts at the end of this post.

If you're not a blueberry fan, they also have cherry vanilla, cranberry citrus oat, lemon crisp and chocolate raspberry. We have only tried the blueberry and cherry, which are both vegan. I haven't tried the other flavors so please check the ingredients if you decide to try them.

These fruit thins are delicious! It's difficult to eat just one. I wanted to write this post about them because if you're like me you might just pass them by thinking they wouldn't be vegan. The blueberry ones even have flax seeds in them!

If you like a little fruity and sweet snack, try Newtons Fruit Thins.

Thanks for reading!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 31 g
Serving per container about 10

Amount Per Serving

  • Calories 140
  • Calories from Fat 50
  • % Daily Value*
  • Total Fat 5g 8%
  • Saturated Fat 1g 5%
  • Trans Fat 0g 0%
  • Monounsaturated Fat 1g 0%
  • Cholesterol 0mg 0%
  • Sodium 90mg 4%
  • Potassium 60mg 2%
  • Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
  • Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
  • Sugars 7g  
  • Protein 2g  
  • Vitamin A 0%
  • Calcium 0%
  • Vitamin C 0%
  • Iron 6% 

No comments:

Post a Comment