Saturday, September 7, 2013

VeganMofo Day 7: Meet other vegan bloggers

Suga helping me with The Gay Vegans blog.
Welcome to Day 7 of Vegan Mofo, a month of vegan food blog posts. Since I am not a food blogger, most of my posts for Vegan Mofo will not be recipes, rather experiences I have with vegan food and sharing people, places and things that have brought me and continue to bring me amazing vegan food.

We are well into VeganMofo and this day I want to write about vegan bloggers. Veganism is well represented by bloggers and I think because of vegan bloggers veganism is so much more accessible.

Ever since day one of The Gay Vegans I have tried to promote other vegan blogs, whether the blogs are mainly about food, activism or nutrition. Need a dinner recipe, check out a vegan blog. Worried about B12, there's a vegan blog for that too!

Being that this is VeganMofo I am particularly thinking of vegan food blogs. I think Saturdays during VeganMofo will be dedicated to vegan blogs I love.

Recently Mike and I were in Los Angeles and were able to have dinner with Kristy Turner and her husband Chris. Kristy's blog is Keepin' It Kind, http://keepinitkind.com/ and is one of the blogs I check out throughout the week. Her recipes are amazing, creative, well thought out and keep me salivating! Kristy excels in not only giving you a great recipe but adding tantalizing photos that make you want to, right at that moment, run to the grocery store to get ingredients for the dish so you can make it right away!

Another blog that I highly recommend comes to you from two people I totally love, Carmella and Carlo! Holy cow these two are the sweetest. Their blog is The Food Duo, and believe me they know good vegan food: http://www.thefoodduo.com/ ! They cover pretty much everything from recipes to vegan food items to restaurants. They also (no surprise) are the creators of the Hug a Vegan movement! Check them out!

Finally for today I'd like to introduce you to Bianca Phillips, whose blog Vegan Crunk makes me homesick for Virginia just thinking about it. Bianca is from Memphis, Tennessee and she has a cookbook by the same name as her blog. Check her out here: http://vegancrunk.blogspot.com/ Great recipes and wonderful insight into what to do when you are in Memphis. I simply adore Bianca and think you will love her blog.

Thank you for reading!


3 comments:

  1. How awesome are you! TY! Love you! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Dan!!! I simply adore you too!!!! Thanks for this awesome shout-out! Can't wait to see you again at the next VVC!!!

    ReplyDelete