Monday, September 2, 2013

VeganMofo Day 2: Root Down at Denver Intl Airport

Welcome to Day 2 of Vegan Mofo, a month of vegan food blog posts. Since I am not a food blogger, most of my posts for Vegan Mofo will not be recipes, rather experiences I have with vegan food and sharing people, places and things that have brought me and continue to bring me amazing vegan food.

Like Root Down in Denver. Sister of Linger (our favorite restaurant), Root Down started first and has always been a treat for us. Like most of our favorite places to eat, Root Down is not exclusively vegan, or vegetarian, yet has some amazing vegan food. Plus awesome service (huge for us).

Now, if you are ever flying through Denver, you can experience the amazing food of Root Down! Root Down has just opened a location in DIA, Concourse C! Yes, this means those of us who live here can't go unless traveling, but it also means that all of you who are always traveling can find a delicious, vegan meal at the airport brought to you by folks who know how to create delicious, vegan food.

I haven't seen the space yet, only photos. And I don't fly (this could be another series of blog posts) so I won' be there any time soon. And I just had to write about it and make sure everyone knows so that when you travel to or through Denver you can eat well!

When you do visit Root Down at DIA, please let me know what you think.

Here is their website so you can check out the menu, at least at the original location: http://www.rootdowndenver.com/ 

If you are traveling to Denver and want to get out of the airport as soon as possible, check out Root Down and Linger, both just west of downtown Denver in LoHi.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks epic! I'll keep an eye out next time I'm passing through DIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that they're opening a location at DIA. It's an airport that we often end up traveling through since it's a hub to the west. The vegan options at DIA were pretty decent already, but I have high hopes that Root Down will be so much more than that. We ate at Linger when we were in Denver last March, because of your recommendation and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sort of step brother :-)(my mom's boyfriend's son) works there and he's an incredible chef, so I have no doubt the food is going to be amazing! I'm so excited that they came to Denver!

    ReplyDelete