Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Three years of The Gay Vegans blog

It was June 16, 2011, my first blog post for The Gay Vegans.

I wanted to create a blog separate from the one I did for my work as a fundraiser, and The Gay Vegans was born.

As it says on the main page, this blog was created to build bridges amongst communities, to be a voice for the voiceless and to share our experiences being gay and vegan in the burbs.

The blog has become so much than that, thanks to those who have found it interesting, who read it regularly and who take action when we ask our readers to do something that we think will make the world a better place for all living beings.

Thank you so much!

I love corresponding with folks who write me about a blog post or folks who are considering going vegan. I love hearing back from people who registered to vote for the first time or who came out to an elected official, whether the coming out was about their sexuality of the fact that they are vegan and wanted to elected official to know.

Most of all, I love the hundreds of stories that have been shared with me about the actions of one person who decided that they wanted to make a difference, and they did!

I am sending thanks to everyone who has ever read a blog post and to all of you out there who have supported The Gay Vegans. I am super stoked when I think of what more I can do with this blog, and how much more fun all of us can have as we become a stronger voice for the voiceless and continue making this world a better, safer place for all living beings.

Let's do it!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, how exciting! Congratulations on this milestone, my dear friend. Find ways to celebrate! <3 Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie! Sending you lots of love.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! My blog will be three next month in July, but I didn't start writing till September! :O
    I just started following you guys, so I can't wait to read up on future posts.<3

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adi! Thanks so much. I really appreciate your support! Dan

      Delete