Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I love Twitter

This is part II of posts I am writing about social media.

This post is all about Twitter. I love Twitter. You can find me @TheGayVegans as well as @FundraiserDan.

Twitter allows me to meet people from all over the world, to engage in conversation around almost every topic, and to get my blog posts in front of people who want to read them.

I have truly met amazing people on Twitter.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Twitter is another social media option in which the user has 140 characters to pass along information, opinions, articles, pretty much anything. If you are interested it's easy to set up an account and get going. Like most social media opportunities, it's only as good for you as the amount of effort you put into it. I am on Twitter most days, reading what people are writing, passing along their info if it interests me, posting my blogs, and engaging in conversation with people I both agree and disagree with.

On Twitter you can meet other activists, regardless of your cause. I use the Twitter feed page as a way of watching what is going on in the world on a daily basis. As a fundraiser for a non-profit, I also use Twitter as a way to connect with other fundraisers and I learn a lot from them.

Check it out. And say hi!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote about this! In what ways do you find Twitter better than Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Twitter, too! And I love your tweets.

    I always say the blogs and Twitter are what really helped me with my vegan transition. So many wonderful meal ideas and tons of support!

    ReplyDelete