Sunday, November 22, 2015

I lost a follower today

I lost a follower today. On Twitter.

It was because of a post I wrote in support of Syrian refugees.

When they said they were unfollowing me, and why, I simply responded that if they were connected with me here and had read my blog, that the comment I made would be no surprise.

I have been surprised about the huge amount of anti-refugee speak from people in this country. Even on my Facebook page. So I decided to post this:


I must say that I am surprised by how many people I am connected with here are part of the frenzy against Syrian refugees coming to the States. I get the fear part. If you know me, you won't be surprised that I would do anything I can for these people, my fellow human beings who have suffered so much. So much, in fact, that they have left their home and everything they own just to survive and hopefully create a safe place for them and their children. And for those of you who have made comments about supporting veterans before refugees, that is super pathetic. I can, and do, support both. And the homeless, and abused kids, and people living in poverty, animals being tortured and anyone who is treated like shit just because of who they are.

This world is a living hell for many people. Most reading this live in a privilege that those seeking basic humanity can't even dream of.


I know there are many who disagree, yet my blog has always been an honest reflection of who I am and my thoughts about pretty much everything. I have always welcomed debate and I have always listened to viewpoints contrary to mine. Dialogue. And, I have always been outspoken against the constant demonizing of many just because there is disagreement.

Thank you for reading this.


1 comment:

  1. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings yesterday said exactly what I have been saying for the past week, white males with guns are more of a threat to the American way of life than any Syrian refugee. The day after the Paris attack, a white male with a gun murdered six people in a campground in Texas. Yesterday during a 'Black Lives Matter' protest in Minneapolis 4 people were shot by 3 white "supremacists".
    From shooting up schools, women's health clinics, churches, restaurants, movie theaters, white males with guns are the real terrorists that Americans need to be afraid of.
    Everybody, please write Mayor Mike Rawlings and thank him for the courage to speak the truth.

    ReplyDelete