Thursday, January 22, 2015

The 19-year vegan

19 years!

Holy cow!

This month, 19 years ago, I decided to go vegan.

My decision was based on the animals. I had the information and it was time to take action.

In no way does my veganism stop cruelty completely. My being vegan is a way to do the least harm possible to all living beings while I am on this earth.

I realized that my passion and compassion could go beyond my taste buds.

I realized that my passion and compassion could extend from human suffering and take a look at my dinner plate.

I love animals. If I have any control in it, I don't want them to be harmed. I certainly don't want to be  a part of paying others to kill and torture animals so I can eat.

Now 48 (49 next month), I am super grateful that I am vegan. It is definitely the way for me.

It's not enough. But that is for another post!

If you have any interest in veganism, we have links to websites that we feel are helpful.

Thanks for reading!






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 19 years! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. September 1969, a 14 year old boy decided he loved cows as much as he loved his dog.
    That night at dinner he announces to his mother he will never again eat another animal.
    Here I am, 46+ years later, even more committed, strong, healthy, and alive!
    Congratulations on your journey, and thank you for allowing us to ride along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating a vegan diet instead of animal meats and dairy is a healthy alternative. Vegan diet leads to weight loss, clear skin (no acne, psoriasis) sparkling white eyes, healthy hair and nails. Even if vegans attempt the diet for a short while, it is quite rewarding.

    ReplyDelete