Friday, August 31, 2012

Celebrating kind people

I am sure you're heard the saying "Practice Random Acts of Kindness". I know it goes on from there but can't remember the rest of it.

I love this saying!

Recently on Twitter (one of my all time favorite social media outlets) I saw a post from one of the folks I follow that said this: Truth: There are kind people out there...let's celebrate them!

What a sweet, refreshing thought.

My first though in writing this post was to make a list of unkind things I am tired of seeing or experiencing. Then I reconsidered, thinking that this post will be all about celebrating kind people.

Like the people who see my truck blinker and allow me to merge into traffic and/or switch lanes.

The donors who thank me for fundraising.

Our neighbors who constantly tell us how lucky THEY feel to have US as neighbors.

Those in our world who forgive and give others a second chance.

Those who always give the benefit of the doubt to people hey love.

People at the gym who tell me I look great.

My husband, who teaches kids 12 - 18 how to play the violin, viola, cello and bass.

The drivers on I-70 who stopped in an effort to reunite two bear cubs who had gotten separated from their mother trying to cross the interstate.

Those who are loving even when it is not easy.

Those who don't say anything rather than saying something they might regret.

I could go on and on. I'm sure that each of you could create your own list. How even more awesome of a world would we live in if every day each of us practiced a random act of kindness (or two!)?

To all of our readers and supporters out there who have inundated Mike and I with kindness, thank you!

And thank you for reading! My email address is vegandude@msn.com






2 comments:

  1. This post is so appropos! I am going through a tough time right now. I took on some major responsibility for a cause I love but I find that the politics surrounding it are having a bad effect on me and making me into a person I don't like. I have to refocus. Concentrate on the positive and try to purge the negative. For someone like me who was raised on a diet of cynicism, it's not very easy. But I am not going to give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to those who have blogs that remind us that no matter how weary we are life does have moments of hope and is filled with kindness hidden though it may sometimes be. Thank you. I needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete